COMMUNITY SALON COVID-19 PROTOCOLS·
· Upon Arrival you will be required to check-in with the front desk
· We will be doing screening questions and doing a health check upon entry and sign our contact tracing form
· Please disinfect your hands upon arrival, using the sanitation stations provided for you. If for any reason you or your child cannot use hand sanitizer, you or your child will be directed immediately to the bathroom to wash your hands. It is advised to wash hands with clean water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
· Masks will be worn by all staff personal. In accordance with the most updated advice from Dr. Bonnie Henry and Dr. Teresa Tam, masks are mandatory for all clients aged 2 and up. We have a limited supply of masks and will provide masks for those individuals who would like one
· We will engage in ‘touchless’ greetings, as we will not be shaking hands, high 5’ing, or sharing hugs at this time
· If you are sick – stay at home. We ask that you do not enter Community Salon:
· if you have a fever, cough, difficulty breathing, cold or sneezing, please stay at home.
· if you have been outside the country in the past 14 days, please stay at home.
· if you have been in close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19, please stay at home.
· if a family member is sick at home – please stay at home.
· Everyone is expected to maintain social distancing
· Our stations will be cleaned and disinfected between each client
· Windows are open and air ventilation is on to keep proper airflow
· Daily health checks for all staff.
· Wash and sanitize their hands, before and after every client.
· Clean and disinfect personal items at their station
· Enhanced cleaning practices are in place. All ledges, doorknobs, handles, tables wiped down before and after every client.
· Clean and disinfecting their chair and station, before and after every client.
· We will work collaboratively to ensure appropriate safety measures are in place and adhered to.
· Staff will stay home if they are sick and/or not feeling well.